- 2lbs of Organic Ground Beef (you can substitute ground turkey or chicken)
- 1/2 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 can EL Pato jalapeno Salsa
- Bag of Shredded Cabbage
- 1 Avocado
*** We buy our meat from Costco because it is inexpensive for ground beef and comes in a three pack which will last us about a week or so. The El Pato Salsa only has 1g of sugar and this isn’t bad at all for a salsa. I also use trader Joes brand of salsa because of the price and also because the sugar content is super low as well.
1. Put ground beef and diced onion in large pan and cook on stove
2. When meat looks close to being done add in the El Pato jalapeno salsa so the meat picks up some of the flavor. Once meat looks cooked you can take it off the stove.
3. Drain the extra oil/water that naturally comes out from cooking ground meat.
4. Put a good amount of shredded cabbage on a plate
5. Add meat to the top of cabbage
6. Add half of the avocado on top of beef and put about half a cup of salsa on top as well!
AND YOUR DONE!!!! Paleo does not have to be that complicated and takes less them 30 minutes to make. I made this meal for Valentine's day because it is one of Arsenio's favorite meals and I also had a late lift that night! He took the left overs for lunch the next day!